Senior Gameplay Programmer
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements;
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work;
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team;
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines;
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required;
- Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Extensive commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce;
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles;
- Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity;
- Good understanding of gameplay technology and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors;
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
LET OUR TEAM MEMBERS TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR JOB
Games Explained: Game Engines
Developers have many technologies and tools at their disposal to build games, and game engines are at their core. Timothy Dansie, technical associate producer, explains how game engines work and which ones we use at Ubisoft.
A Unified Workflow for Development and Live by Björn Törnqvist
Can I submit an open application?
We do not process open applications, you can find all our open positions on the Ubisoft Careers page by clicking on the ‘Search jobs’ button.
How can I check my application status?
You can check your application status by logging into your SmartRecruiters candidate profile (my.smartrecruiters.com)
I am not familiar with the video game industry. Would I fit into Ubisoft?
At Ubisoft, everyone is welcome! We seek people passionate about their specialties, jobs or the entertainment industry in general.