Atlanta, United States - Office-based
Blue Mammoth Games is a Ubisoft studio in Atlanta, Georgia. We developed and published Brawlhalla, now available on all platforms including mobile. At Blue Mammoth, you'll find the friendliness, energy, and opportunity of an independent game developer with the professionalism and stability of a long established studio. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Our studio develops Brawlhalla, an online fighting game with an ever expanding player base across mobile devices, consoles and PCs. We are looking for someone experienced with UI programming and design to join our team in Atlanta.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement user interfaces to solve our game's growing needs across a variety of platforms
- Create UI subsystems that can be reused for similar problems
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines on new game features
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from others within the studio
- Write reliable and maintainable code that can safely handle a growing user-base
- Test your own code thoroughly and assist QA in formulating a test plan for features you've developed
What you'll bring:
- Prior professional experience designing and programming user interfaces
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of programming and user experience concepts
- Ability to break down problems into well organized concepts and tasks
- Ability to manage your own work and operate independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate well with programmers, designers and artists
- A passion for video games and delivering the best player experience
We also appreciate:
- Artistic talent relevant to creating game user interfaces
- Prior work in a professional video game studio
- A portfolio of prior user interface designs
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Ubisoft and Blue Mammoth Games are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
LET OUR TEAM MEMBERS TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR JOB
Games Explained: Game Engines
Developers have many technologies and tools at their disposal to build games, and game engines are at their core. Timothy Dansie, technical associate producer, explains how game engines work and which ones we use at Ubisoft.
A Unified Workflow for Development and Live by Björn Törnqvist
Can I submit an open application?
We do not process open applications, you can find all our open positions on the Ubisoft Careers page by clicking on the ‘Search jobs’ button.
How can I check my application status?
You can check your application status by logging into your SmartRecruiters candidate profile (my.smartrecruiters.com)
I am not familiar with the video game industry. Would I fit into Ubisoft?
At Ubisoft, everyone is welcome! We seek people passionate about their specialties, jobs or the entertainment industry in general.