Intern Level Designer
Mumbai, India - Hybrid
About the Organization :
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai where we stand 1000+ strong today in strength! If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Twitter : http://twitter.com/ubisoft Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ubisoft
Job Title: Intern Level Designer (6 months internship)
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
- Create gameplay scenarios that highlight the core mechanics and creative vision of the game.
- Keep abreast of the limitations and caveats of game developments
- Collaborate with Game Designers to create engaging levels/updates , in line with the creative vision
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating original level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, Art, AI, sound, etc.)
- Work with engine data to implement and balance game paly
- Communicate vertically and horizontally within the team in a clear and professional manner
- Create and implement design elements into the game while working in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. For this, you need to be passionate about games and the craft of level design.
- You take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems.
- You are experienced working within a multidisciplinary team and understand the importance of collaboration to achieve top-notch quality in your work.
- Demonstrating mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong grasp of Level design for open world
- Strong Knowledge of unreal Blueprint /Unity Visual scripting
- Basic knowledge of performance optimization techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Good understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.)
- Experience with 3D engines (Unity, Unreal, Source Engine, or others), design production tools, and level-editing pipelines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Plus point if knows scripting language such as Python
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Attention to detail.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
LET OUR TEAM MEMBERS TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR JOB
Games Explained: 3Cs of game design
We’ve asked Ubisoft developers to introduce some of the technologies and processes used to make our games. Learn more about the 3Cs of game design, key elements that dictate the overall player experience and make games come to life.
Exploring Real Worlds & Virtual Worlds
What was it like for Ubisoft team members who recreated existing places - London in Watch Dogs: Legion, seven American national parks in Riders Republic or even the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris - into virtual worlds?
An Unexpected Career Path With Amandine (Youtube video)
Meet Amandine, who started at Ubisoft as a communications intern and now works as a Line Designer, helping production teams design the content of their games. Her path has been anything but ordinary, and yours could be too!
Can I submit an open application?
We do not process open applications, you can find all our open positions on the Ubisoft Careers page by clicking on the ‘Search jobs’ button.
How can I check my application status?
You can check your application status by logging into your SmartRecruiters candidate profile (my.smartrecruiters.com)
I am not familiar with the video game industry. Would I fit into Ubisoft?
At Ubisoft, everyone is welcome! We seek people passionate about their specialties, jobs or the entertainment industry in general.