State of the Game is back this week with more updates and new features coming to The Division 2. Here are some highlights from this week's episode:
- The Episode 1 update is coming next Tuesday 7/23, with a host of new content, changes, and additions.
- The team provided clarification on the Discovery difficulty in the Operation Dark Hours raid and the loot you'll receive from it.
Read on for a deeper recap of the topics discussed this week, or check out the stream below for the full details. State of the Game streams every Wednesday at 8:00AM PDT on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. (To find out what was covered in the last episode, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.)
Quick recap of what's happening:
- Episode 1 is coming Tuesday, July 23rd, for Year 1 Pass holders. Included are two brand new main missions, two classified assignments and the first investigation area of the new Expeditions feature.
- The two classified assignments, Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13, are exclusive to Year 1 pass holders
- Episode 1 will come with a major overhaul of the Skills system.
- This overhaul, along with all balance updates and the Discovery difficulty level of the raid, will be implemented for everyone on the 23rd.
- The new narrative content, with the exception for the Classified Assignments, will be available to all players on July 30th.
Base of Operations rework
- For easier access, some services have been added to the helipad at the BOO in Episode 1. You can now find your stash, crafting bench, recalibration and matchmaking there. The old stations inside the BOO are still available, in case you don't like being outside in the sun.
Current issues we're looking at:
- Issues with the Revive Hive are currently being investigated and will be updated soon.
- Specialization Ammo issues are also under investigation.
Discovery difficulty loot clarification:
- These are the rewards you can expect to receive from the Discovery difficulty in the raid:
- Gear score 500 items and Gear Sets.
- Raid Gear Sets and Eagle Bearer will not be available in Discovery difficulty.
- Twitch Prime members get unique rewards, but don't forget, these rewards need to be redeemed.
Podcast with Christofer Emgård:
- Don't miss The Division Podcast's interview with Christofer Emgård, the writer of the Extremis Malis comic. Now available!
- The Shepherd system is designed to encourage players to support each other and reward them for lending a helping hand.
- Answer Calls for Backup, get endorsements from the players you help once you've finished, and raise your Shepherd level.
- You'll need to actively help for a while to raise your Shepherd level, you can't just drop in and drop out straight away. There is an "Assistance bar" that fills up when you earn XP together with the person you're helping.
- There's a timer under the SHD tab on the mega map. Once it resets, you get a reward if you've raised your Shepherd level.
- When you've helped enough players, you will get an icon next to your name so that other players can see that you're a Shepherd!
- Go help other agents and be excellent to each other.
Until next time,
/The Division Team