With Stage 2 done and dusted, players and fans are now getting ready for the Six Berlin Major! The top teams across Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and North America will face off at the Theater am Potsdamer Platz, in Berlin, Germany, from August 15 to 21.
Making its way back to Europe, the Six Berlin Major marks the grand return of live audiences for an international Rainbow Six Esports event in the region, and we couldn't be more excited to welcome you on-site for the Playoffs and Grand Final from August 19 to 21.
Read on below to check out all you need to know about the event, including competition details, on-site activities, where to watch, and more!
Table of Content
- Dates & Location
- Redeem your Six Major Charm & Weapon Skin
- Participating teams
- Year 7 Season 3 Reveal
- Activities at the event
- Where to watch
- Broadcast Talent
- Watch Parties
- Competitive Format
- Global Standings Points
- Six Major Operator Bundle
- Pro Team bundles & weapon skins sale
- Twitch Drops
- Health & Safety Guidelines
- Privacy & Image Rights
DATES & LOCATION
The event will take place from August 15 to 21
- Group Stage: August 15 to 17 - Not open to the public
- Playoffs: August 19 to 20 - Open to the public
- Grand Final: August 21 - Open to the public
Venue: Theater am Potsdamer Platz
Address: Marlene-Dietrich-Platz 1, 10785 Berlin, Germany.
The venue will open on:
- August 19: 9 AM CEST
- August 20: 1 PM CEST
- August 21: 2:30 PM CEST
Attendees that purchased their tickets via PayPal will have access to a priority queue upon entry into the venue at the standard opening hours (indicated above for each day).
Champions Pass ticket holders will be allowed inside the venue to access the on-site activities 1-hour before general entry:
- August 19: 8 AM CEST
- August 20: 12 PM CEST
- August 21: 1:30 PM CEST
REDEEM YOUR SIX MAJOR CHARM & WEAPON SKIN
All attendees with a valid ticket will receive 2 printed codes on-site at the event, redeemable at the main desk upon arrival, for an in-game charm and weapon skin on the following days:
- On August 19 or August 20, ticketholders can redeem the exclusive Six Major Charm.
- On August 21, ticketholders can redeem the Six Major Jackal Weapon Skin.
Here are the 16 qualified teams that will compete at the Six Berlin Major:
- DWG KIA
- SANDBOX Gaming
- Gamin Gladiators
- Wolves Esports
- MNM Gaming
- G2 Esports
Latin American League:
- Ninjas in Pyjamas
- FaZe Clan
- w7m esports
North American League:
- Oxygen Esports
The 16 qualified teams are divided into 4 groups of 4:
Here is the schedule of the Group Stage:
YEAR 7 SEASON 3 REVEAL
Alongside the competition, we're excited to reveal everything we have coming to Siege in Year 7 Season 3.
Tune in on our channels and online watch parties on August 21 for the full season reveal. For those of you watching the show on our broadcast channels on Twitch, a special charm will be dropped during the panel and redeemable when Year 7 Season 3 launches.
ACTVITIES AT THE EVENT
For those who will be attending the event on-site, check out the activities we have planned for the Six Berlin Major:
Six Berlin Major Merchandising
The official Six Berlin Major merch will be available on-site! The store will be open on:
- Friday, August 19: 9 AM to 8 PM CEST
- Saturday, August 20: 1 PM to 8 PM CEST
- Sunday, August 21: 2:30 PM to 8 PM CEST
The shop will be open one hour earlier for Champions Pass ticket holders and will have a dedicated line to retrieve their Champions Package. As a reminder, the Champions Package includes:
- 1 hoodie of the event: black hoodie designed by Førtifem.
- 1 T-shirt of the event: white T-shirt.
- 1 poster of the event: dark poster designed by Førtifem.
The merch will be available online starting from August 19th:
Come and try out Year 7 Season 3 before anyone else in the demo booths at the event, which will be open on:
- Friday, August 19: 9 AM to 8 PM CEST
- Saturday, August 20: 1 PM to 8 PM CEST
- Sunday, August 21: 2:30 PM to 8 PM CEST
Please note that the demo booths will be open one hour earlier for Champions Pass ticket holders.
Professional Teams Meet & Greet
Professional teams will be taking part in meet & greets throughout the event. These will be organized around the teams' schedules on-site. Follow us on Twitter at @R6esports for the meet & greet updates.
We're excited to welcome cosplayers on-site for the Six Berlin Major to share their creations and costumes during the event.
The costumes and props:
- Should not pose any danger to others and/or yourself.
- Must follow specific requirements as part of the rules for cosplay which can be found in the cosplay guidelines.
- Must not contain any symbols or markings forbidden by local legislation.
- Must be inspected and validated by on-site security personnel.
- Must be kept covered or hidden during transportation to the venue.
Please consider changing into your costume at the venue. Changing rooms will be made available on-site.
Keep in mind that the venue staff won't be allowed to keep / store rejected accessories at the venue. All rejected items must leave the perimeter of the venue at time of decision.
The full rules for cosplay are available here.
A dedicated Meet & Greet area in the venue will be accessible for cosplayers wanting to take pictures with fans.
WHERE TO WATCH
All Twitch channels below will have Twitch Drops enabled for the Six Berlin Major.
List of channels that will stream both Group Stage and Playoffs:
- English (stream A): Twitch.tv/Rainbow6
- English (stream B): Twitch.tv/Rainbow6Bravo
- English: YouTube
- Portuguese (stream A): Twitch.tv/R6esportsBR
- Portuguese (stream B): Twitch.tv/R6esportsBR2
- Portuguese: YouTube
- German: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6DE
- German: YouTube
- Spanish: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6ES
- Spanish: YouTube
- Spanish (LATAM): Twitch.tv/rainbow6latam
- Spanish (LATAM): YouTube
- French: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6FR
- French: YouTube
- Italian: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6IT
- Italian: YouTube
Please note that Stream B channels won't be streaming the final 3 days of the event, which will be streamed on the Stream A channels.
List of channels that will only stream the Playoffs (From August 19 to 21).
- Polish: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6PL
- Hungarian: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6HU
- Mandarin: Twitch.tv/rainbow6cntwitch
- Japanese: Twitch.tv/Rainbow6JP
- Japanese: YouTube
Channels in Korean will only stream matches of Korean teams:
Here is the Talent line-up that will be bringing the show to life during the Six Berlin Major!
Ghassan "Milosh" Finge
Parker "Interro" Mackay
Niclas "Pengu" Mouritzen
Tim "AceOfPyrite" Leaver
Derry "Dezachu" Holt
Emi "Fluke" Donaldson
Stijn "Hap" Hapers
James "Devmarta" Stewart
Amanda "Mandy" Powers
Jesse "Jesse" Chick
Jacob "CaliberJacob" Anderson
Jack "Fresh" Allen
Stephan "Easy" Kemink
Ante "med1cz" Medić
Pietro "RedLike" Girardo
Watch Parties are back for the Six Berlin Major! Stay tuned in the coming days on Twitter at @R6Esports for the list of selected streamers and content creators that will be broadcasting the event on their channels!
Group Stage - August 15 to 17
During the Group Stage, teams are split in 4 groups of 4 and compete in a Best-of-1 double round robin format, where each team plays all the other teams in their group twice. The point attribution system is as follows:
- A win is worth 3 points.
- An overtime win is worth 2 points.
- An overtime loss is worth 1 point.
- A loss is worth 0 points.
The 4 teams from each region were seeded based on their final rankings in their respective regional leagues and playoffs. Each group was then created to have one representative from each region with only one seed per group.
At the end of the Group Stage, the 2 teams with the most points in each group will advance to the Playoffs.
Playoffs & Grand Final - August 19 to 21
The playoffs will feature 8 teams in a single elimination bracket where the quarter finals and semifinals will be played in Best-of-3 matches, with the winner advancing and the loser eliminated from the competition.
The Grand Final will take place on August 21 and will be a Best-of-5 match to decide the winner of the Six Berlin Major!
GLOBAL STANDINGS POINTS
With each regional league and the Six Majors tying into a global race towards the Six Invitational, teams will also compete to earn points to qualify for the Six Invitational 2023. The 16 teams competing at the Six Berlin Major will be awarded the following points in the Global Standings, based on their final placement:
- 1st place: 375 points
- 2nd place: 300 points
- 3rd - 4th place: 230 points
- 5th - 8th place: 165 points
- 9th - 12th place: 105 points
- 13th - 16th place: 50 points
SIX MAJOR OPERATOR BUNDLE
To celebrate the event, the Six Major Jackal bundle is available in the Esports page of the in-game store! 20% of the revenue from this set will directly contribute to the prize pool of the competition, giving you the opportunity to support the teams that will take part in the Six Berlin Major!
PRO TEAM BUNDLES & WEAPON SKINS SALE
For the duration of Six Berlin Major, from August 15 to 21, we are offering you a 20% discount on Pro Team Bundles and Weapon Skins purchasable directly in the Esports page of the in-game store.
Tune in on our channels and earn Twitch Drops for the Six Berlin Major! There will be no duplicates and viewers will earn Battle Pass points for the Year 7 Season 3 Battle Pass instead.
Here is the content for the Drops for this event:
Esports Amaru Set: 4 items - dropping individually
- Uncanny Motivation Uniform
- Uncanny Motivation Headgear
- Adamant G8A1 Weapon Skin
- Amaru Charm
Esports Fuze Set: 4 items - dropping individually
- Reliable Silence Uniform
- Reliable Silence Headgear
- Hard-Hitter 6P41 Weapon Skin
- Fuze Charm
Esports Ying Set: 4 items - dropping individually
- Starlight Uniform
- Eclipse Headgear
- Gamma Ray T-95 LSW Weapon Skin
- Ying Charm
Esports Mozzie Set: 4 items - dropping individually
- Cosmic Nexus Uniform
- Chromosphere Headgear
- Constellation Commando 9 Weapon Skin
- Mozzie Charm
Esports Maestro Set: 4 items - dropping individually
- Moon Flare Uniform
- Lyrid Headgear
- Shooting Star Alda 5.56 Weapon Skin
- Maestro Charm
For the Group Stage of the Six Berlin Major, from August 15 to 17, and for the first 2 days of the Playoffs, from August 19 to 20, viewers will earn 1 pack after 3 hours of time watched, with a maximum cap of 1 pack per day.
For the Grand Final, on August 21, viewers will earn 1 pack after 1 hour of time watched, and 1 pack after 3 hours of time watched, with a maximum cap of two packs per day.
Here are the details on how to redeem them:
Register your account by heading over to https://drops-register.ubi.com and link your Twitch account to your Ubisoft account. You will then be prompted to opt into the drops feature. Please make sure that your account is linked before you tune in to the broadcast.
All drops will need to be claimed manually. You can track all the Drops progression on the Inventory page https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory. When the Drops condition is reached, you will need to click on the "Claim" button in the Inventory page to claim the reward and continue the progression towards the next reward. Please note that the "Claim" button will be available only 24 hours after the end of each campaign. There will be 6 distinct campaigns during the Major, corresponding to each Playday of the competition, from August 15 to 17, and August 19 to 21. The delivery of claimed items will usually be done 48 hours after the end of each campaign.
More information: Twitch Drops are activated for all five platforms the game is currently available on: PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. You do not currently need to own Rainbow Six Siege to be able to earn drops. If you have your Twitch account linked to your Ubisoft account, and your Ubisoft account has been linked with your console accounts or PC, then you will receive the items when you login for the first time after installing.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
Please note health and safety measures may be updated up until the event, based on the evolution of the situation and local authorities' guidelines. Please find below the health & safety guidelines for the audience.
- Although not mandatory on-site, we recommend all participants to wear a face mask when they are at the venue.
- Age restriction: The event is open for everyone aged 18 years old and up. Participants aged 16 and 17 years old are allowed to attend the event so long as they provide parental consent, which can be in the form of written parental consent for instance. The event is not open to anyone aged below 16 years old.
- Cosplay is encouraged but will be subject to additional screening and restrictions.
- No bags, carry-ons, and other voluminous storage cases are allowed inside the venue, except for those that are completely transparent and do not exceed the following dimensions: 12" x 6" x 12". Every participant will be subject to a search by security. Bags part of a cosplay uniform will be allowed and subject to a security check.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed in the venue.
PRIVACY & IMAGE RIGHTS
By entering the Six Berlin Major premise, please acknowledge that you may be filmed by Ubisoft.
Ubisoft may use your image and your voice during the live broadcast of this event, and after the event in order to create videos which may be displayed on internet and social media for commercial and marketing purposes. In consequence, your image and voice may be visible to the public for as long as the videos remain available on Internet and on social media. Entering the Six Berlin Major premise means you consent to being filmed by Ubisoft in the aforementioned conditions. If you do not want to be filmed, please contact our staff members as soon as possible to the following contact address: SixMajor-Security@ubisoft.com
Please note that your image and likeness may be transferred to non-European countries that ensure an adequate level of protection according to the European Commission, or within the framework of the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission (accessible here : https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_fr).
You may exercise your rights regarding your personal data by creating a Data Request here: https://support.ubisoft.com/faqs/35367/