Our third Apparel Event themed around the summer season in Washington, D.C. is now live! For our newer Agents, Apparel Events offer an opportunity to earn new cosmetic items through limited-time Apparel Caches. This time, our Heat Wave Apparel Cache features 40 new apparel items to collect. Earn keys to open this cache through gameplay or direct purchase before the event ends and earn a unique reward!
The Heat Wave Cache pool contains cosmetic content that equips your Agent against the sweltering heat of D.C.—five full cosmetic outfits, one mask, five emotes and seven weapon skins. If you complete the five outfits, you earn the Dust Mask!
If you collect all the items the items from the event, you are rewarded with the Diver Uniform, only available during the Apparel Event.
To kick Heat Wave off, we are giving all players who log into The Division 2 during the event one free key! All Year One Pass holders will earn an additional three keys as a bonus, available until the event ends. We want everyone to celebrate with us wearing their new apparel items, so enjoy your first cache openings! If you haven't picked up the Year 1 Pass yet, now's the perfect opportunity.
Keys for the Apparel Caches can be earned from the following sources:
- Weekly Apparel Projects: four keys each
- Chance to drop when reaching Field Proficiency upon each level after 30
- Chance to drop when reaching Dark Zone Proficiency
- Direct purchase with Premium Credits
Here is a detailed breakdown and availability for Heat Wave:
- Event Live—July 23rd to August 15th. During this period, Event keys can be earned from the sources listed above.
- Event Closing—August 15th to August 22nd. If you have leftover keys available, be sure to use them now, as the event uniform can only be obtained until this period ends! You can use your unspent keys, as well as purchase additional ones to get all the Heat Wave event apparel.
- Post Event—August 22nd onward. All items from the Event Cache are moved into the standard Apparel Caches to earn through gameplay, as well as put on the Apparel Store for direct purchase, with an exception for the uniform.
Remember, Event Caches do not contain duplicates and all items yet to be collected can be viewed in the Apparel section in-game. For more information on Apparel Caches and Event Caches, visit our Year One Update blog.
With the launch of the Heat Wave Apparel Event also comes new cosmetics for your signature weapons! Available via direct purchase through the Apparel Store, Signature Weapon Skins are new cosmetic items tailored specifically for each Specialization. Note that these skins can only be purchased after the corresponding Specialization is unlocked. Customize your loadout even further to make your Agent stand out this summer!
Be sure to jump in and share your new apparel with us using #TheDivision2Photos!
We hope to see everyone under the sun!
/The Division 2 Team