We're back with another edition of This Week in The Division 2, your one stop place to stay up to date with everything The Division 2.
Today we will go through what is coming with Title Update 6.1 next week, a sneak peek at what lies ahead and recap some info you might have missed from last week.
Maintenance was performed on Tuesday, December 3. The following fixes were applied:
- Fixed an issue that blocked progression in Manning National Zoo by not triggering the next stage after "Locate Emeline"
- Fixed an issue that blocked progression in Manning National Zoo by not triggering the next objective after planting the C4
While we are not quite ready to talk about the Episode 3 or what lies beyond just yet, we wanted to provide a little sneak peak of game mechanics that we are working to improve with the help of your feedback.
Some of the areas that we're currently working on are:
- Item Stats RNG
- Dark Zone
- UI Improvements
These revamps will not be a part of Episode 3 and will go live at a later date. Additional information on these revamps will be available in January, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts in the meantime.
Title Update 6.1
TU6.1 is releasing on December 10th, and will bring a holiday event, the new hardcore mode and our newest apparel event to the game. We also have a large amount of bug fixes incoming. The full list will become available on launch day, but in the mean-time here is a couple of high-profile fixes.
- We made further audio improvements which should mean that instances where audio cutting out or stopping completely should be much rarer now. We will detail the improvements in an upcoming forum post.
- Fixed an issue that caused Apparel items to stop dropping in the world before players had collected all 72 items.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to send text messages in any chat channel under certain circumstances.
- Turned off the alarm sound in the Base of Operations... again...
- Improved loot UI to hide dropped item details while in combat, so they don't block the agent's view.
- We've identified the issue that prevented Xbox players from installing the game from disc and are fixing this in 6.1.
- Issues we're investigating fixing issues on
- Continuing to investigate NPCs being stuck and Invisible walls
- We have some fixes for this in 6.1
Starting on December 10th, all Agents who login will receive a Holiday Supplies Care Package that includes three Standard Apparel Keys, three pieces of equipment, and your very own Santa Hat. Additionally, there are reports of Hoarder NPCs spotted in Washington D.C. who are wearing Santa Hats. These up-to-no-goods offer a special treat, if you can find and kill them: The Sleigher Tommy Gun! This named weapon shoots snowballs and comes with a unique talent "Hidden Rock"—headshots apply confuse, can occur every 20 seconds. How do you get your hands on it? Your first Santa-Hat-wearing Hoarder will drop the gun, guaranteed. Afterwards, all Hoarders wearing hats will have a chance to drop another.
A new way to experience The Division 2 is coming with TU 6.1 on December 10th, the Hardcore Mode Beta. When creating a new Hardcore agent, you start your journey from the beginning, and success will be based on finding new ways to stay alive. Upon death, there is no option to respawn, and all progress made will be lost. You will be able to play all normal activities (excluding Conflict) and can matchmake, enter the Dark Zone, and even try your luck at Operation Dark Hours. While playing in Hardcore Mode, you will only be matchmade with other Hardcore Mode players and face other Hardcore Mode Agents in the Dark Zone.
Silent Night Apparel Event
Our fifth Apparel Event will start on December 10th, featuring a dark winter theme! For our newer Agents, Apparel Events offer an opportunity to earn new cosmetic items through limited-time Apparel Caches. This time, our Silent Night Apparel Cache features 35 new apparel items to collect. Earn keys to open this cache through gameplay or direct purchase before the event ends and earn a unique reward! To further celebrate the holiday season, you can also gift Apparel Caches to fellow Agents!
Kenly College Is Back
The Kenly College Expedition has opened its doors following today's maintenance. Don't have the Diamondback exotic yet? Now is a great time to pick it up! As a reminder, all three investigation areas need to be completed before December 12th, 8 AM CET to qualify for the Diamondback.
Cassie Mendoza Update
With TU6.1 we're also updating Cassie's stock.
- Cassie will now always have two named items and the Shield Splinterer available in her stock.
- The two named items will change every rotation, while the Shield Splinterer will always be available.
- To see the Shield Splinterer players must have unlocked the Ivory Key lockbox in the Base of Operations by defeating all Hunters.
We also hear concerns about her timers and that it's not always clear when Cassie is available and when she's away. We are adding some UI elements in TU6.1 which should make it clearer and help avoid situations where you're set out to find her just to realize that she's currently closed for business.
State of the Game 141
Next week's Stream will be our last State of the Game stream in 2019 before our Christmas Break. Next week's show will focus on TU6.1, having launched the day before as well as keeping you up to date with what you need to know over the holiday period.
State of the Game will return to our normal weekly schedule on Wednesday, January 8th, 2020. Mark the date in your calendars!