The Division 2 State of the Game revealed the release date for Episode 2, Title Update 6 this week, as Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Lead 3C Designer Fredrik Thylander joined for a look at the new Specialization, the upcoming content, and more. First, a few highlights:
- Episode 2, Title Update 6 has a release date, and will go live on October 15.
- Specialization #5, The Technician, was detailed, and will feature a focus on skill power.
- Episode 2's new main missions will unlock instantly on October 15 for Year 1 Pass owners, and be available for all players starting October 22.
State of the Game streams every Wednesday at 8:00 AM PDT on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. (To find out what was covered in the last episode, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.)
- There will be no maintenance this Thursday. Instead, there was maintenance on Monday, which:
- Extended Apparel Event #4: Explorers by one week.
- Added a third Apparel Project.
- Increased drop chance of Apparel keys earned when gaining a Field Proficiency level up or Dark Zone Proficiency level up.
Episode 2 Release Date
Episode 2, Title Update 6's gameplay updates, including the new Specialization, will go live on October 15. Episode 2's main missions in the Pentagon will be available on October 15 for Year 1 Pass holders, and will be available starting October 22 for all players.
EPISODE 2 CONTENT RECAP
Episode 2, Title Update 6 will go live on October 15. Year 1 pass owners get full access beginning on October 15, which includes early access to:
A new introductory side mission, Pentagon Breach, and two new main missions:
- The Pentagon – Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon's underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab, and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- DARPA Research Lab – Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
Instant unlock of the new Specialization: The Technician.
Exclusive access to two new Classified Assignments:
- Marina Supply Route – Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy Crash Site – A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts, and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC. Agents need to locate the helicopter, rescue the pilot, and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.
All players get access to TU6 health updates and gameplay improvements on October 15, followed by access to the new side mission and main missions on October 22. Beginning October 15, all players will be able to access:
- The Technician Special Field Research, to unlock the newest Specialization.
- New exotic: Sawyer's Kneepads.
- New high-end weapon: KSG Shotgun.
- New loot-targeting system.
- All PVE and PVP balance changes to weapons and talents.
- New named items.
- Rework of named items, which will now be between high ends and exotics in terms of power.
- Brand sets update, items on all slots.
- Updated inventory and recalibration UI.
- Crafting improvements, including a material cap increase.
- Increased Stash space perk.
- Kenly College will return with the new Mastery System and modifier.
- Normalization revamp.
- Dark Zone server transfer improvements to create as many 12-player DZs as possible.
- Supply Drop changes in the DZ and ODZ.
- Updated Thieves Den Vendor.
- New Conflict game mode: Team Elimination.
- New Conflict map: The Wharf
- Better Conflict flow and rewards for playing matches.
- Hundreds of bug fixes.
- The first Raid, Dark Hours, was a huge achievement for the team.
- The developers want to do even better for the next Raid, and they know the community wants it, too.
- As a result, the second raid will not be included in TU6.
- The developers will take the time needed to ensure it's as good as it can be when it comes out.
- It will not be ready before 2020.
- The new Specialization, The Technician, is focused on skill power, and will have great synergy with skill builds in Episode 2.
- The Technician will be unlocked instantly for Year 1 Pass owners. Other players will be able to unlock the Specialization through Field Research starting on October 15.
- New Signature Weapon: P-017 multi-missile launcher, which fires volleys of homing missiles and can target up to six enemies at once.
- New hive variant: the Artificer Hive (or Tech Hive), which targets friendly skills to buff their skill damage and/or skill healing, and can reset skill durations and repair active skills (such as turrets). It also works on allies' deployed skills. If a player carries it on their back, it's active for that player's skills while carried.
- New sidearm: Maxim 9
- New Specialization skill tree
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Gunner Special Field Research
The team is trimming down the Field Research objectives for the Gunner Specialization, making it easier to obtain and in line with the new Specialization's Special Field Research.
- Play The Division 2 for free from October 17-21.
- The Division 2 and the Year 1 Pass will be on sale during the free weekend.
- Preload begins October 15 for PC and Xbox One.
Until next time,
/The Division Team