The Crew 2 is getting ready to join the starting line for its launch on June 29th.
To ensure the best experience to all our players, it was key to the development team to improve the game for all platforms. This is especially the case for PC players as the customization of all options and settings are critical to deliver a great gameplay experience to a variety of unique setups.
Today, we are pleased to share with you an overview of the PC version of The Crew 2, as well as the official recommended specs for the game.
PC VERSION KEY FEATURES
- 4K (UHD) and Ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio support
- Mouse and keyboard full support
- Input device auto-switch and extended gamepad support (DirectInput/XInput)
- Multi-monitor support (up to 3 monitors)
- Auto-setting detection, video presets and custom options
- Driving wheel support (see compatible devices below)
1. DETAILED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
We highly recommend you to check the following specs recommendations for best experience on PC.
MINIMUM CONFIGURATION – 30 FPS: Resolution: 1080p Video Preset: Low OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz or equivalent VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD HD 7870 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) SYSTEM RAM: 8GB*
RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 30 FPS: Resolution: 1080p Video Preset: High OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB) or GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X (4GB / 2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) SYSTEM RAM: 8GB*
RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 60 FPS: Resolution: 1080p Video Preset: High OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) or GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD RX 470 (4GB / 8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) SYSTEM RAM: 8GB*
*Please note that, in addition of being below minimum configuration, some processors may be incompatible with the game or some specific features as stated below:
Processors without SSE 4.X Instruction Set (deployed in 2006)
Processors without AVX Instruction Set
*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release:
- GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX 660 or better
- GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX 760 or better
- GeForce GTX900 series: GeForce GTX 950 or better
- GeForce GTX10-Series: GeForce GTX 1050 or better
*Supported AMD cards at time of release:
- Radeon HD 7000 series: Radeon HD 7870 or better
- Radeon 200 series: Radeon R9 270x or better
- Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better
- Radeon 400 series: Radeon RX 460 or better
- Radeon Vega series: any Radeon Vega series
2. ADVANCED VIDEO SETTINGS
In order to offer a customised experience to every PC player, we included a variety of settings to suit their unique setup. Of course, automatically detected presets also are available.
- Screen resolution selection with multi-aspect ratio support, including 21/9 screens
- Window modes (exclusive full-screen, classic window, and borderless full-screen)
- FPS limit, up to 60 FPS
- V-Sync on/off
- Video Presets & customized values:
○ Geometry: Set the view distance details. ○ Shadows: Set the resolution and quality of all shadows in the game. ○ Textures: Set the quality of in game textures. Game restart is required to apply changes. ○ Environment Mapping: Set the quality & the resolution of realtime reflection & indirect lighting. ○ Depth of field: Set the depth of field quality ○ Motion Blur: Set the strength and quality of in game Motion Blur while moving. A disable feature also is available ○ Grass: Set the density of grass in the game environments. ○ Volumetric FX: Set quality of clouds & fog ○ Anti-aliasing: Set the quality of edge sharpening and overall graphic fidelity. ○ Ambient occlusion: Set details of shadows based on two or more intersecting objects ○ Screen space reflection: SSR allows improving even more Environment Mapping by using some parts of the rendered image if possible. The player can choose SSR quality or disable it for low-end machine. ○ Weather: Set the quality of weather effects in the game ○ Terrain: Terrain quality settings can be used to have more details in medium and far view ○ 3 Monitor FOV scale factor: If the player uses a 3 monitors configuration, this value allows us to focus more or less the view on the monitor in the middle and corrects potential FOV deformation because of the unusual aspect ration.
To master the asphalt and other environments, it is first required to master the handling of your vehicles. To do so, The Crew 2 will support a variety of controllers to always adapt to your playstyle. Further customization also are available to fine-tune your experience (vibration, steering linearity, throttle break dead zone etc.)
If you want to go even further, mechanical customization also is available for each vehicles in the game!
The following controllers have been tested with the game:
- Mouse + Keyboard
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Microsoft Xbox One Elite
- Sony Playstation 4
- Steam Controller
Officially supported driving wheels:
Please note that additional devices may be compatible by default or with further setup.
PC Wheels [PC] Fanatec ClubSport Wheel [PC] Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel [PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel (with Ferrari GTE 458 Challenge Rim ) [PC] Thrustmaster T300RS Racing WHEEL [PC] T500 RS Gear Shift [PC] Thrustmaster T100 (Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback) [PC] Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend [PC] Logitech Driving Force GT [PC] Logitech G27 [PC] Twin Wheel F1 Combo Wheel [PC] Simraceway SRW-S1 [PC] Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Xbox One Wheels [Xbox One] ThrustMaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel – Xbox One [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster VG TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition Premium Official Xbox One Racing Wheel [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer - P310 Competition Mod [Xbox One, PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel Xbox One [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TMX Pro
PS4 Wheels [PS4/PC] Logitech G29 Driving Force Race Wheel + Logitech G Driving Force Shifter Bundle [PS4/Xbox One] TH8A Add-On Shifter [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T-GT [PS4/PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel PS4 [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T150
Officially supported joysticks: [PC] Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for Windows [PC] Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack - PC [Xbox One/PC] Thrustmaster,T.Filght Hotas One [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 Flight Stick for PS4 & PC [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals for PC & Playstation 4
Don’t hesitate to share your experience with other controllers in the forums!