IMMORTALS FENYX RISING’S PARENTS’ GUIDE
Play as Fenyx, a new winged demigod, on a quest to save the Greek gods and their home from a dark curse. Take on mythological beasts, master the legendary powers of the gods, and defeat Typhon, the deadliest Titan in Greek mythology, in an epic fight for the ages.
What is Immortals Fenyx Rising?
Immortals Fenyx Rising is a new franchise of Ubisoft. This first game set up Fenyx a young demigod of the Greek mythology, who must save the world.
A funny duo, Prometheus and Zeus, are narrating this action-adventure story.
Fenyx woke up on Golden Isle, overran with beasts and demons from the Underworld, because Typhon, the worst Titan, have stolen the holy land from the Gods and began causing havoc due to a curse.
After unveilling the main character’s origins, players must gain first the Gods' trust to collect their blessings, gifted abilities, and weapons to take down Typhon.
Then, the vanquished gods need to be reunited with their 7 essences, in each of the 7 regions of Godden Isle, to regain their power.
Along the way, there will be many quests.
Players are free to explore their surroundings, which will reveal a wealth of puzzles to solve, ruins to explore, and magical portals to dive into.
Type of game
Third Person Shooter (a player views the action as if from a position behind the character they are controlling -external point of view), Open world, Action adventure game
Save the gods from the evil Titan Typhon and fight iconic mythological beasts like Cyclops and Medusa along the way
- Customize the main character: Fenyx (body shape, voice, hair, face, … independently)
- Move around the map: walk, run, jump, climb, swim, fly, use their phoenix, ride their horse, …
- Fight with their weapons (sword, bow, hammer, axe)
- Wield the powers of the gods to battle powerful enemies and use their skills (selfguided arrows, telekinesis, and more)
- Solve ancient puzzles
- Manage their potions (health/stamina/defense and attack): while Fenyx can still fight on empty, the stamina meter can take a while to recharge once depleted.
- Upgrade gears and stamina
RATINGS: TEENAGERS/ YOUNG ADULTS
This video game is intended for teenagers or young adults. The themes addressed for 12-17-year olds are as broad as: learning conflict management or fighting a battle between Good and Evil.
The content can be subversive, but it is restricted: the degree of violence is lower compared to adult games (usually no blood, nor gore)
TIME PER SESSION
For every game
There is no perfect duration for a session. Each player or parent must decide. In any case, the time per session should not be detrimental to basic needs: eating, sleeping, socializing with friends and family, going to school…
More specifically for this game
The game can be interrupted at any time without harming the experience of the player as there is an automatic save mode.
The average completion time for the main story depends on the time spent traveling the world or completing the supporting content: The main story takes about 20/30 hours to complete and players can complete the 20 hours of additional content if they want to. Thus, if we add all the sessions, the whole game can last at least 50 hours.
For every game
Additional content that can be purchased online and added on to a video game, as to enhance its features exist. This “downloadable content” can be free or payable.
DLCs are extensions of the game in the form of additional episodes or the acquisition of new equipment and skills for the character. This “downloadable content” can be free or can be purchased (individually or gathered in a season pass). Other DLCs are credits that can be used to unlock items, game money, ingredients ...
More specifically for this game
New worlds, new quests, new equipment, new skills...
IFR Season Pass contains at the moment 3 expansions of the game called A New God, Myths of the Eastern Realm, and The Lost Gods
MEANINGFUL QUESTIONS FROM SPECTATORS TO PLAYERS
- Which beliefs and customs of Greece’s mythology did you discover?
- Why did you choose to customize your character this way?
- Why are there seven regions? What’s the purpose of crossing them?
- Where the puzzles hard to solve?
This game has many accessibility features
- Up to 5 levels of difficulty
- First-time user experience flow & Onboarding to learn how to parameter the game and play
- Tutorial Menus available at all times
- Puzzle Assistance in case players are struggling
- Reminders –such as Gameplay reminders when players forgot something important, or also controls reminders to help them using skills they don’t use often (swimming, gliding, climbing, etc.)
- Text-to-speech options: the player hears what is written
- Customization of the controllers
- Auto-Movement make Fenyx move forward automatically
- Visual aid
- Subtitles’ options (size, colors, fonts)
- Colorblindness options
For more general information about our video games, please have a look at our Family & Gaming page.