Best posts made by GrinningViper
Latest posts made by GrinningViper
Fire/poison/explosive needs to be buffed
I just cross-post this from Reddit.
Soft target rounds and AP rounds are...fine, I guess. AP round is OP but that is not the main problem. The problem is every other bullet/weapons are so bad, that the game almost forces you to use only AP rounds.
Fire almost does nothing. Enemies simply ignore the fire, and fully upgraded Tostador cannot even kill the weakest soldados on its own. It only lit up poison cloud...which is fun, but still, AP rounds kill people 100 times faster.
Poison kinda works as intended, but poison gears don't protect you from your own poison enough. I still almost get killed by my poison every time I use El Besito even though I am fully equipped with poison-defense gears.
Explosives are overshadowed by bullets in a weird way...higher level enemies start to withstand a blast from a grenade launcher, but still die to a single AP headshot.
My solutions would be,
- Improve fire damage, and make fire stun the enemy with a higher chance.
- Remove/reduce damage penalty from fire/explosive rounds(Poison rounds are ok because you kinda want them to be alive for a while). AP rounds are OP as [censored], so it wouldn't make any balance issue.
- Add High-Explosive rounds for explosive weapons, so it deals more damage in a larger radius.(Or please give us some overclocked launchers)
- Make explosive rounds stagger the enemies.
- Make poisoned enemies extremely susceptible to fire. Does it make sense? No. Would it be fun? YES!
- Make poison-related gears more effective.
What do you think?