Rainbow Six Extraction Parent's Guides
TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX: EXTRACTION
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Extraction takes place in a world facing a deadly alien threat known as the Archæans. Players incarnate REACT’s (Rainbow Exogenous Analysis & Containment Team) agents in charge of investigating quarantined research facilities in the USA for the Research & Development service. Players can choose which agent they’ll play. The game involves squad management, investigation, and fights.
What is Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six?
Rainbow Six got its name according to the well-known novelist Tom Clancy’s book “Team Rainbow” an elite international counterterrorist unit that falls under the direct supervision of NATO. Teamwork, communication and cooperation are strongly encouraged in each game. Players must use their different abilities to achieve the objective and defeat the enemy team.
GETTING STARTED GUIDE
Original release date: January 2022
Available in physical, cloud services and online stores
Available on PC Windows, Microsoft Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, Sony PS5 and PS4
Type of game:
Co-operation (up to 3 players) or solo
Players are fighting against a computer-controlled environment, where tactics and caution are more important than quick reflexes. It is a first-person shooter (FPS) experience: players embody their characters and see its point of view.
Online game: mandatory connection to the internet.
Players have one main goal: cooperating to maintain and face the alien threat. Each player must take care of their teammates and not eliminate them.
They have to complete in their sessions several objectives, involving collecting samples, pulling data from computers or scanning anomalies.
- Move around the map: walk, run, prone.
- Use stealth or attack head on.
- Choose one of the 19 operators, each with their own specific weapons and playstyle.
- Use powerful weapons and explosives.
- Manage their supplies: players have limited ammunition.
- Barricading doors and reinforcing walls.
- Use drones to gather information on the maps.
- Use abilities to help change the course of an Incursion.
RATINGS: ADULTS ONLY (SENSITIVE CONTENT)
This video game is primarily intended for a desensitized audience. The goal of this game is to stage subversive content: raw violence, very suggestive content, raw humor, gambling, drugs. Not recommended for minors.
For every game:
There is no perfect duration for a session. Each player or parent must decide. In any case, the time per session should not be detrimental to basic needs: eating, sleeping, socializing with friends and family, going to school…
More specifically for this game:
Each Incursion (or mission) is split up into three Sub-Zones. Depending on the objective and the approach chosen, it can take between 5 to -15 minutes to complete a Sub-Zone. You can then extract or end a mission, whenever you choose, so you do not need to complete all three Sub-Zones on one map before the Incursion ends.
MEANINGFUL QUESTIONS FROM SPECTATORS TO PLAYERS
- Do you think this is a credible future?
- What do the Archæans have in common? What makes them different?
- Which character do you like best? What are their own specificities?
- How different are the solo and co-op gameplay?
- What are the roles of everyone in the team? Do you communicate regularly in game sessions?
For every game:
DLCs are extensions of the game in the form of additional episodes or the acquisition of new equipment and skills for the character. Additional content that can be purchased online and added on to a video game, as to enhance its features exist. This “downloadable content” can be free or can be purchased (individually or gathered in a season pass). There exist other DLCs which are credits that can be used to unlock items, game money, accessories, gear...
More specifically in this game:
There is no DLC.
To access the menus for accessibility features:
- Go to the Main Menu.
- Select the cogwheel icon on the top-right of the screen.
- Choose “Options”.
From this menu, you will be able to access all the tabs for each type of setting.
This game is accessible in the following ways:
- 4 levels of difficulty.
- Aiming assistance (aim-lock-on/aim assist).
- Devices Customization (keyboard, mouse control, joystick buttons, gamepad controller).
- Audio Subtiles customisation.
- Visual pointers for sound effects.
- Speech to Text option: players can speak and their words will be transcribed into the text chat.
- Customization of HUD elements.
- Turn off additional elements.
- Subtitles’ options (size, colors, fonts, name of the speaker).
- Customization of the camera.
- Option for colorblind people.
- Text to speech option: text chat can be read aloud to the player.
For more general information about our video games, please have a look at our Family & Gaming page.