The following changes will be part of a Live Update to For Honor on Thursday, April 29th, 2021.
Side Dodge Attacks (Soul Cleaver)
- Side Dodge Attacks are now 14 damage (down from 16)
- Side Dodge Attacks can no longer be delayed in side dodges; they will now always happen at 300ms (previously delayable until 500ms)
Dev Comment: This should make Side Dodge Attacks more predictable, as well as making it impossible to delay to dodge on most mix-ups, while still being a good dodge attack that leads to finishers.
Veteran's Kick and Slash
- Kick Follow-up damage has been reduced to 24 (down from 28)
- Gryphon's Shove is now a Dodge Forward + Guard Break input
- Gryphon's Shove no longer chains after a miss
- Gryphon's Shove now costs 15 stamina (up from 12)
- Gryphon's Shove no longer pauses Stamina Regeneration
Dev Comment: The previous Back + Guard Break input of 600ms was unreactable for most players outside of high-level play. This meant that Gryphon's Shove was problematic (for different reasons) in both casual and high-level play.
By making Gryphon's Shove a 500ms Dodge Forward Melee, combined with the additional minimum of 300ms spent in the Forward Dodge, the move becomes predictable for most players, while also being unreactable to players at all levels of play.
Gryphon's Shove should now function as a mix-up and opener that is less frustrating to face.
Draconite Mist (Tier 2 Feat)
- Draconite Mist now heals for 15 (down from 20)
- AoE range of Draconite Mist's healing effect reduced to 8 meters (down from 11)
Draconite Bolt (Tier 3 Feat)
- Draconite Bolt now heals for 15 (down from 20)
- AoE range of Draconite Bolt's healing effect reduced to 8 meters (down from 11)
- Draconite Bolt damage reduced to 20 (down from 30)
- Cast time of Draconite Bolt increased to 600ms (up from 400ms)