Senior Tools Programmer
Singapore, Singapore - Office-based
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors on July 2008 as Ubisoft’s 18th internal development studio. Located in Fusionopolis (a state-of-the-art Infocomm Technology and Media hub) Ubisoft Singapore is recognized today as one of Asia’s premier game development studios. It now employs a multi-national team of 380 highly talented employees that comprise of a core team of Ubisoft veterans as well as a fast growing development team ranging from recent graduates to industry professionals.
Over the past 11 years, the full-fledged development studio co-developed major AAA titles such as Assassin’s Creed® II, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands®, Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™, Assassin’s Creed® Rogue, Assassin’s Creed® Unity, and most recently, Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate. Ubisoft Singapore pioneered the development of naval battle gameplay and water technology – elements first introduced in Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™ which have since become a staple feature in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Ubisoft Singapore is currently hard at work as the lead studio for an unannounced project on console and PC.
To learn more about Ubisoft Singapore, please visit www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/singapore.aspx.
YOUR DAILY JOURNEY
The Senior Tools Programmer will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that will develop the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Compile and understand IT development needs and assess their feasibility so as to best serve the production team
• Analyse existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project
• Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems
• Collaborate with Technical Directors to enhance the production pipeline
• Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (3DSMax, Maya, source control, etc,), and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.)
• Determine and correct the tools bugs identified by people from other crafts and the tools testers (and eventually the quality control team)
• Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functions
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Background in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Extensive software programming years in C#.
- Having C++ programming language skill is a major advantage but not mandatory
- Enjoy building multiple small application such as tools to support different user during gaming development
- Ability to understand user needs and take them into account when programming
- Flexibility in work organization
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
LET OUR TEAM MEMBERS TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR JOB
Games Explained: Game Engines
Developers have many technologies and tools at their disposal to build games, and game engines are at their core. Timothy Dansie, technical associate producer, explains how game engines work and which ones we use at Ubisoft.
A Unified Workflow for Development and Live by Björn Törnqvist
Can I submit an open application?
We do not process open applications, you can find all our open positions on the Ubisoft Careers page by clicking on the ‘Search jobs’ button.
How can I check my application status?
You can check your application status by logging into your SmartRecruiters candidate profile (my.smartrecruiters.com)
I am not familiar with the video game industry. Would I fit into Ubisoft?
At Ubisoft, everyone is welcome! We seek people passionate about their specialties, jobs or the entertainment industry in general.