Senior Game Server Programmer - Blue Mammoth Games
Atlanta, United States - Hybrid
Blue Mammoth Games is a Ubisoft studio in Atlanta, Georgia. We developed and published Brawlhalla, now available on all platforms including mobile. At Blue Mammoth, you'll find the friendliness, energy, and opportunity of an independent game developer with the professionalism and stability of a long established studio. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Our studio develops online games that serve huge player bases worldwide on a variety of platforms. We are looking for an experienced software developer who can write solid, reliable code that can handle hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
What you'll do:
- Write reliable and maintainable server code that can safely handle a growing userbase
- Design and implement game features that span both the server and game client
- Define SQL schema to support new game features
- Assist in the deployment of game updates
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines on new game features
- Identify and fix crashes and bugs affecting our game clients or servers
- Test your own code thoroughly and assist QA in formulating a test plan for features you've developed
- Work in a large existing codebase and review other programmers' code
- Provide technical leadership and mentor less experienced engineers
- Solid knowledge of C++ and programming concepts
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to break down large problems into well organized concepts and tasks
- Ability to manage your own work and operate independently
- Experience with storing data in SQL databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate well with programmers, designers and artists
- Have a passion for video games and delivering the best player experience
- Devops or operations experience is a plus
- Prior work in a professional video game studio is a plus
- Prior experience writing server code is a big plus
- Experience programming console or mobile games is a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is a big plus
Ubisoft and Blue Mammoth Games are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
LET OUR TEAM MEMBERS TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR JOB
A Unified Workflow for Development and Live by Björn Törnqvist
Meet Anita Haurie : Gameplay Programmer
Machine Learning, Physics Simulation, Kolmogorov Complexity, and Squishy Bunnies
How to check the status of my applications?
Please refer to the confirmation email you received as it contains a link to the candidate portal of SmartRecruiters.
How to make a request regarding my personal data?
If you want to receive a copy of your personal data collected and processed by Ubisoft (in portable form), you can directly download an extract of your data by logging into your Smartrecruiters account, clicking on "Settings" and then on "Export to JSON format". Please note that you can access your Smartrecruiters account by clicking on the link at the bottom of the confirmation email you received.
If you want to delete your Smartrecruiters account, you can log into your Smartrecruiters account, click on "Settings" and then on "Delete my Smartrecruiters account".
If you want to rectify your data, object to its processing, withdraw your consent, restrict the processing of your data, or access more data than the extract you have downloaded, please make a request by filling in the form below.
UBISOFT uses your personal data to process your request (legitimate interest). Your information is only accessible by UBISOFT and its technical partners and is stored until your request is closed. Some information may also be archived during the applicable statutory limitation periods.
Your data may be transferred to non-European countries that ensure an adequate level of protection according to the EU Commission, or within the framework of the standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission (accessible here).
You may exercise your rights (data access, portability, rectification, erasure, and processing objection or restriction) or contact UBISOFT Data Protection Officers by making a request using the form above. If you are not satisfied, you can also lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority of your country.