We are happy to introduce the newest feature to The Division with Update 1.8.2 - Shields! Found in the first tab of the Dossier, Shields are a group of unique commendations that reward both long term and new players for completing very specific challenges across The Division. The following four Shields will be the first available for you to earn with the launch of Update 1.8.2. Going forward, an additional Shield will become available every month for you to unlock.
- Shepherd - Unlock the Base of Operations
- Avenger - Eliminate 10 Named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone, and 10 in West Side Piers
- Deadeye - Complete all weekly High Value Targets
- Hazard - Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone
With every Shield unlocked, you will receive the following rewards:
- One Audio Log
- One Patch with the relevant Shield Icon
- One Shield Cache
* One Exotic Weapon * Two Classified Gear Set pieces * 2,000 Phoenix Credits * 500 D-Tech * Three Cypher Keys
The Shields and the Patches are account wide, but the reward caches will be unlocked on the character completing the Shield itself.
The rewards do not stop in The Division, as unlocking Shields grants rewards in The Division 2! As Agents collect Shields, you will be placed in a tiered system. The more Shields earned in The Division, the higher the tier you reach, the more rewards you will receive in The Division 2. A higher tier grants players more rewards:
- Tier 1 - Weapon Skin
- Tier 2 - Outfit and Patch
- Tier 3 - Emote and Gear Dye
- Tier 4 - Taunting Emote and Backpack Trophy
Shields will help you prepare for the next chapter in The Division and challenge yourself in new ways. Collect the Shields, listen to new Audio Logs, and sport new cosmetics in The Division 2!
/The Division Dev Team