Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:
Welcome back to State of the Game! Our one-stop-shop for all things The Division 2. If you're new here, strap in!
Hamish is back today with Game Designer Rasmus Künstlicher to talk about upcoming changes to the recalibration system, skill mods and more!
The Invasion apparel event is heading into its last phase! After tomorrow's maintenance, you will no longer be able to obtain Invasion keys through gameplay and the unique Black Tusk outfit obtained by collecting all Invasion apparel items will no longer be obtainable after the event ends on May 2nd.
Players on PC may have noticed increased loading times on start up since our April 16th patch. This is a bug and we are working on a fix for this to be deployed as soon as possible.
We have received a lot of valuable community feedback from our players and PTS participants alike and we appreciate this greatly. A number of changes will be implemented with Title Update 3 based on your feedback, including:
- The gear score range on drops will now be more in line with your agents current gear score.
- The recalibration system will be reworked to include the new recalibration score. Recalibrating your items will no longer increase the items gear score directly, but will rather increase the recalibration score up to a max of 100.
- High-end gear mods are being reworked to be a more powerful and logical choice for your agent by increasing their maximum stat roll.
- We are introducing a new type of skill mods called Auxiliary Batteries that will include a skill power bonus. This will allow you to utilize a mod slot to increase your skill power and unlock the ability to use more powerful skill mods in the remaining slots.
- Purchasable blueprints for Specialized and Superior rarity mods will be added to Inaya al-Khaliq which will now also function as our new crafting vendor. All existing blueprints will be moved over to her inventory.
- We will be increasing the amount of blueprints you can earn by completing projects and challenges.
- Ammo drops have been increased to ensure that agents do not run out of ammo as frequently on higher difficulties or when roaming the Dark Zones.
We are very much looking forward to the future with Title Update 3 and the release of Operation Dark hours – our 8 player raid – in May. The ongoing PTS is to help ensure that our next update is the best it can be and we encourage you to participate and give us your thoughts!
The PTS is still running and we will have further updates to test, coming later this week. We'd love to hear your thought over on to the PTS forums.
Until next time!
The Division Dev Team