The first Episode of the fifth Season of The Crew 2 is here. This Episode brings a new game mode, new cars as well as Quality of Life changes: handling modifications.
For a more detailed break-down of the content released with the Crew 2 Season 5 Episode 1: American Legends, we have got you covered with our Content Overview.
This update will be deployed starting from 9AM UTC / 5AM EDT on Wednesday, March 16th. The estimated maintenance duration should be approximatively 3 hours.
Please follow our official channels for any additional update.
In March 2020, and with the Inner Drive update, the overall handling of some vehicles was revamped. The goal was to offer extra grip and competitiveness.
Some Vehicle categories were entirely rebalanced: Street Race and Hypercar.
Following this update a new approach to grip and handling was adopted for all future vehicles. At the same time, new Special Editions of previously released vehicles continued to feature the pre-Inner Drive handling model. (With the exception of Street Race and Hypercar categories).
In terms of gameplay and car performance, and according to both our internal data, and player feedback, we have noticed a clear difference between pre and post Inner Drive cars.
This handling discrepancy leads to splitting our car line-up in two different driving styles and feeling, thus making some of them less attractive due to a lower performance.
With the release of American Legends Episode 1, we plan on starting to look into one of the affected vehicle category: RallyCross (RX). With the release of Season 5: American Legends, we are going to update the handling of three cars:
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34)
- Chevrolet CAMARO SS
- Ford FOCUS RS
Keep in mind that these changes are not definitive and can be reversed or tweaked based on your feedback. This is an iterative process, and we would like everyone to share their impression and wishes around the topic. Please leave any dedicate feedback on this forum thread.
Now, we would like to identify if the changes we deployed are aligned with community expectations. We also need to see how quickly we can start rolling out additional changes to more cars of the RX category. Once again and given the importance of your feedback during those first steps, we will get back to you on the topic at a later stage to break down the upcoming milestones of this initiative.
DETAILED PATCH NOTES
Patch Size per platform
- PC: approx. 30 GB
- PlayStation: approx. 29 GB depending on the version.
- Xbox: approx. 30 GB
Patch sizes may vary based on your game version.
- [Added] New game mode: Stories.
- Story mode - Exploration gameplay: using clues to investigate and find rewards.
- New Stories button in the main menu
- 8 Long Stories with a unique reward
- 8 Medium stories with a unique vanity reward
- 16 Short stories with bucks rewards
- 2 stories released each week: alternating one long and one medium story each other week and one short story every week
- 8 new intro videos and 8 rewards videos for you to discover
- [Fixed] Minor localization issues related to The Contractor game mode.
[Added] 101 new vanity items - to be released throughout the Season in the shop, as LIVE Summit rewards, or in the Motorpass (57).
- 17 smokes
- 17 tires
- 17 underglows
- 17 nitros
- 11 horns
- 9 window tints
- 5 rooftops
- 2 suits
- 6 outfit parts
[Fixed] The default smoke for the XTREMEAIR XA42 (AR) was not visible in free-drive
- [Added] 16 LIVE Summits including:
- 4 Premium LIVE Summits
- 1 ultra mooded LIVE Summit
- [Fixed] Hobby Stars animations were missing after completing a hobby
- [Added] 2 new Motorpasses.
- [Added] Daily Challenges and 4 Weekly Challenges.
- [Fixed] Minor visual elements were missing when hovering certain Motorpass rewards
- [Fixed] Motorstars earned in Live Summits were not awarded immediately
- [Added] One themed event.
- Flashback: Japan
- [Added] "Season 5: American Legends" section in the Motorflix activity menu.
- [Added] Warning when trying to pin a new Challenge, Hobby Action or Story Step to notify another item will be unpinned. It will no longer be necessary to unpin an item before pinning a new one.
- [Added] 27 New Vehicles
- Stories additions
- Porsche 550 Spyder (SR)
- Shop additions
- Ford Crown Victoria Interception Unit (SR)
- LIVE Summit rewards
- Indian Motorcycle Scout® The Cruiser Edition
- Motorpass, including
- Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 2019 Gold Nugget Edition
- Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon Awaken Edition
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS Splatter Edition
- Ford Mustang Fastback Stunt Edition
- And more to be revealed throughout the Season!
- Stories additions
- [Fixed] Turbo gauge was not working for the Corvette ZR1
- [Fixed] Mileage kept on resetting after restarting the game for the YasidDESIGN X American Petrol
- [Fixed] Issues related to the side skirt camera angle on the Cadillac Deville with certain customization options.
- [Fixed] Exploit allowing a vehicle to go forward and accelerate to very high speeds in reverse gear.
- [Improved] Updated handling model on the following Rallycross vehicles:
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
- Ford Focus RS
- Chevrolet Camaro SS
- [Added] New main menu.
- [Added] New "American Legends" landing page and start menu videos.
- [Added] New HQ Bus and new world billboard posters.
- [Added] One new fully thematized LIVE Summit with dedicated art, music, sound effects and weather.
World (Visual & Audio)
- [Fixed] Skills were displaying a difficulty level after The Contractor Episode 1 release.
- [Improved] Location names are now more visible on the World Map (font: white + outline: black).
- [Fixed] iNcoRrECt fOnTs bEinG DisPLAYeD oN rOaD sIGns
- [Fixed] Some NPCs were misplaced in the Mead Lake dam area
- [Fixed] Misplaced public lamp around the Nashville area
- [Fixed] Misplaced public lamp around the Santa Fe area
- [Fixed] Asphalt was present in the forest near the Big Sur area
- [Fixed] GPS navigation line in the "Los Angeles" SR or HC race
[Fixed] For itinerary hobbies (driving from A to B), using Fast Fav to select an authorized vehicle will not stop the progression anymore. This behaviour also applies to stories.
[Improved] Memory optimization.
- The Muscle Tour Platinum LIVE Summit reward ticket does not display the correct vehicle.
For more information on The Crew®, check our official website. Join the The Crew® community on the forums, Reddit, TC Social, and Discord and be sure to follow us on Twitch to never miss a livestream. The game's Photo Gallery, Leaderboards and Summit Calendar are all viewable on The Crew® Hub. Videos highlighted by our in-game sharing tool can be seen on the official The Crew® 2 - Community Videos channel.