Mario + Rabbid's Sparks Of Hope Parent's Guide
MARIO + RABBIDS SPARKS OF HOPE
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope will let you delve into many worlds and environments with the freedom to explore as you wish. You will meet a cast of unforgettable characters. Some of them will give you missions to complete; others may present you with challenges or mysteries to uncover.
But above all, this is a dynamic and tactical combat game with a surprising depth and amazing synergies to discover together with our cast of heroes and Sparks.
What is Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope?
This opus is a tactical combat game in which the player will explore different planets and encounter enemies that they will need to defeat as well as puzzles to solve. During battles, the player will choose a team of three heroes and match them with companions called Sparks. Each hero has a set of special abilities and will gain experience points after each victory, making them more powerful. The chosen Sparks bring new abilities to the heroes to allow for tactical combinations and synergies in battle. The goal of the game is to defeat Cursa, leader of the enemies.
Type of game:
Single-player tactical adventure (offline)
The player will move through the different planets of the game and will encounter enemies that they will have to defeat as well as environmental puzzles they will need to solve. They will also come across characters who will give them quests, riddles, or challenges to complete.
Players will control heroes who can perform several actions: running, charging, scanning, breaking objects, team jumping, shooting, dashing, hiding, throwing objects, and climbing small obstacles.
The game is suitable for players of all ages. The game does not contain images, sounds or messages that may frighten young children. Very moderate violence (implied, non-detailed or unrealistic violence) may be allowed.
This video game is intended for a wide audience. Children, teenagers, parents, grandparents, ... Everyone can have a good time discovering this game!
This game does not contain any bad language or images/sounds that could be offensive. Generally, the images are rather cartoonish or unrealistic.
For every game:
There is no perfect duration for a session. Each player or parent must decide. In any case, the time per session should not be detrimental to basic needs: eating, sleeping, socializing with friends and family, going to school…
More specifically for this game:
The quick tactical battles allow for short play sessions of 10 minutes. However, quests can stretch from 15 to 45 minutes.
MEANINGFUL QUESTIONS FROM SPECTATORS TO PLAYERS
- Why did you pick those characters for your team?
- What is your preferred tactic during fights?
- Who are your favorite Sparks?
- Did you find any particularly effective combinations or synergies between Sparks and Heroes?
For every game:
DLCs are extensions of the game in the form of additional episodes or the acquisition of new equipment and skills for the character. Additional content that can be purchased online and added to a video game, as to enhance its features exist. This “downloadable content” can be free or can be purchased (individually or as a pass). There exist other DLCs which are credits that can be used to unlock items, game money, accessories, gear ...
More specifically for this game:
The game will propose 3 DLCs after launch, which can be purchased to add more content to the game. They are part of a Season Pass.
Accessibility features that Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope offers:
- The Switch console offers controller remapping. There is no such option inside the game itself. Note that the game will still feature the original button input on the interface.
- There are Quick Time Events (QTE), but they are not obligatory
- There is a sensitivity slider for camera stick, but not for the movement stick
- There are no controller vibrations
- There are options to avoid “hold” actions
- There is joystick inversion for the camera, but not for the movement stick
- Text size is usually 19px @720p but cannot be further enlarged. Some elements of detailed descriptions are at 16-18px
- All text is in a sans serif font but some descriptions exceed 70 character limits
- There is no UI narration
- The game cannot be played without any visual feedback or the user’s vision
- The game experience can be fully enjoyed and played without sound
- There are multiple volume sliders present
- Difficulty settings are present in the game, users can choose the difficulty and customize the overall experience
- There is an invulnerability mode
- The game can be started without a multitude of menus
- There are in-game tutorials to help you start playing
- There are visual hints, reminders of objectives, a minimap
- The game does not have differences between controller movement and camera movement
- There are both manual save and automatic save options
For more general information about our video games, please have a look at our Family & Gaming page.