Hyper Scape is a battle royale(1) first-person shooter game(2): 100 players are put in a specific area and they must fight each other to win. As battle royale are multiplayer games, a player cannot play offline. The other players are randomly chosen among all the people connected at the time.
At the end of the game, a crown appears, and someone must catch it and keep it to win.
This game is recommended for a teenage audience because it has depictions of non-realistic looking violence towards human-like characters and use of mild bad language.
(1) Battle Royale: A battle royale game is a video game genre in which players drop in on a large map and then fight until one person or squad is left alive. Players start with few or no supplies and must scavenge them as they make their way across the map.
(2) First-person Shooter: A first-person shooter (FPS) is a genre of action video game that is played from the point of view of the protagonist. FPS games typically map the gamer's movements and provide a view of what an actual person would see and do in the game.
Hyper Scape offers two ways to win in solo mode or squad mode:
By fighting to be the last one standing
By capturing the Crown at the end of the match. Indeed, if the solo player or the squad keeps possession of the Crown for 35 seconds, it will claim victory!
The player can:
- Move around the map: walk, run, jump
- Manage his health bar which ranges from 0 (dead) to 100 (full life)
- Use several firearms (sniper, shotgun, laser gun, …) to defeat every other contestant
- Access to offensive or defensive special powers (building a wall, be invisible, …)
- Exchange or fuse weapons
- Communicate via microphone to make up a strategy with his or her teammates
- Link his/her Twitch(3) account (optional). In fact, Twitch users can interact and impact all other players via a bonus/malus system
(3) Twitch: Twitch is a live video platform (streaming)
For every game:
There is no perfect duration for a session. Each player or parent must decide. In any case, the time per session should not be detrimental to basics needs: eating, sleeping, socializing with friends and family, going to school….
More specifically for this game:
A classic game lasts between 10 and 15 minutes. In Hyper Scape there are two gaming modes:
- In solo mode: the player can leave anytime. It’s won’t affect the game of the 99 other players in the session.
- In squad mode: if someone is leaving in the middle of a game, the other teammates won’t have time to think of an alternative and the whole squad may lose. Thus, it’s not great for the player’s teammates to quit before the end of the session.
For every game:
DLCs are extensions of the game in the form of additional episodes or the acquisition of new equipment and skills for the character. Additional content that can be purchased online and added on to a video game, as to enhance its features exist. This “downloadable content” can be free or can be purchased (individually or as a pass). There exist other DLCs which are credits that can be used to unlock items, game money, accessories, gear ...
In Hyper Scape, only cosmetic DLC can be found: a player can change the visual of his or her equipment: arms, character... This has no impact on the actual game. To acquire those items individually or through a battle pass, the player has to connect to the Store of the platform they are playing on to acquire virtual currency, that they can then spend within the game.
This game is accessible in the following ways:
- a possibility to modify the keyboard and mouse controls on the PC version
- a possibility to customize the joystick buttons for the console version.
- a visual aid
- subtitles’ options (size, colors, fonts)
- colorblindness options
- text-to-speech options: the player hears what is written
- a possibility to limit the microphone and chat options
For more general information about our video games, please have a look at our Family & Gaming page.