Ubisoft cannot be held responsible for the actions or comments made by Users in the various areas of the Game, forums, website, or other social media outlets. Ubisoft reserves the right to remove any and all content published by a User without prior warning or notification.
We strongly advise you not to give personal or Account information to anyone. This includes information that can be used to identify you (social security number, telephone number, physical address, etc.) or information that may be used to compromise your Account (personal email address, answers to your security questions, etc.).
Please note that a representative of Ubisoft will never ask you for your password.
Code of Conduct
When you play The Crew 2, you must respect other Users and their user rights. The following points must be upheld by everyone, and will be enforced by the Ubisoft staff:
- When using the Services provided by Ubisoft, Users may not engage in or encourage any illegal behavior or communications concerning such.
- Users will follow all instructions given to them by the Ubisoft staff. Non-compliance of the User regarding any request made by a Ubisoft employee will be considered a breach of the Code of Conduct, and may lead to Account suspension or revocation.
- The User will respect the rules detailed in this Code of Conduct when using the Services offered by Ubisoft and the The Crew 2 Game. The following list of forbidden conduct gives examples of unacceptable behavior, but should not be considered exhaustive.
- It is forbidden to harass or bully other Users via verbal or written communications. Ubisoft will not tolerate any form of harassment and may be obligated to suspend or ban any User account should harassment occur.
- It is forbidden to publish pornographic or sexually explicit content via the mediums made available to the user by Ubisoft.
- Any language or content/picture deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden. This includes use of the above on the forums, the website, via the in-Game chat, or over VOIP.
- Impersonation of any other User or Ubisoft employee is strictly forbidden.
- Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, website or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products.
- Verbal or written abuse targeted toward a Ubisoft employee will not be tolerated, and may result in Account suspension or deletion.
- It is forbidden to repost any previously moderated content on the website or forums. Please contact a Community Manager directly if you have any questions on why a post or thread was edited or removed.
- Exploitation of any new or known glitches or bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other Users is strictly forbidden and may result in character stats and progression resets, Account suspension or revocation.
- Any attempt to edit, corrupt or change Game or server code is strictly prohibited. Any such behavior will result in the immediate cancellation of the Account, and may even give rise to personal liability and/or penal penalties.
- Use of third-party hacking, cheating or botting clients is strictly prohibited.
The following rules clarify the types of names that you may not use:
- You may not use a name that is contrary to the Code of Conduct. This includes the use of names of a hateful, racist, defamatory, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit nature, as well as any other offensive wording.
- You may not use names that lead to the harassment or slander of other Users.
- You may not use the name of any Ubisoft employee.
- You may not use a name of a character, object or product covered by copyright or trademark.
- You may not use a name from popular culture or the media.
- You may not use a name with a religious or historical connotation.
- You may not use a name linked to a terrorist organization or activity.
- Ubisoft strictly reserves the right to use the names linked to the The Crew 2 license.
- You may not use a name that refers to an illness, medicine, drug or alcohol.
- You may not use any name that breaks any of the aforementioned rules via the association of the first name and surname.
- You may not use a name containing spelling mistakes or written in such a way as to break one of the aforementioned rules.
The User alone is responsible for the security of his/her Account, including protecting his/her system and Account from being compromised.
Nevertheless, Ubisoft vows to assist the User if they think that his/her Account security is threatened or has been compromised. If an Account turns out to have been stolen or used by an unauthorized third party, further investigation will be made by Ubisoft staff, during which time the Account may be blocked.
Ubisoft does not guarantee compensation for any damages caused by fraudulent use of an Account. Only the results of the investigation can determine the necessary action.
Any act of Account piracy or theft will be punished and may give rise to personal liability or penal penalties for the guilty party.
Customer Service is there to help you with any problem you may come across in the game. You can contact them via the Ubisoft support site, in the support area. Here is a non-exhaustive list of what Customer Service can do for you:
- You will receive a quick reply to your questions and problems, depending on the workload of the Customer Service department.
- We will do our utmost not to intervene in or interfere with the Game unless it is absolutely necessary during our work.
- All our Users are treated equally.
- Any incident that may be interpreted as breaking the Code of Conduct will be subject to further investigation. The benefit of the doubt will be given to the User before any action is taken.
- All sanctions will be applied as quickly as possible, depending on the seriousness of the breach, the circumstances and your Account history.
- All correspondence between the User and Customer Service is private. It will not be divulged to other Users, unless required by law.
Ubisoft wishes to offer Users a welcoming Game environment, both during gameplay and in the forums or website. However, a breach of the Code of Conduct may occur. When this happens, Customer Service will investigate further and will make every attempt to be just and fair with the people involved. Depending on the seriousness of the breach and the Users’history, Customer Service may decide to take the following action:
- It is possible that there will be no sanctions.
- A warning may be sent to the User who has committed the breach. In this case, the User will benotified by e-mail and details of the reasons for the warning and the action taken will be noted on his/her Account.
- A User may have his progression data reset to a previous state if any of his/her gained in-game progress by means that are in violation of this Code of Conduct. The penalty will be noted on his/her Account and an email sent detailing the facts and the penalty.
- A User may be suspended for a period of time ranging from 3 days to a maximum of 30 days permanent Account ban. The penalty will be noted on his/her account and an e-mail sent detailing the facts, the penalty and the period for which the Game will blocked for the User.
- A User may have his/her Game Account terminated. This means that his/her access to the Game will be blocked until an unspecified date. The User will receive an e-mail detailing the reasons for the penalty and the facts surrounding it.
Below are examples of behavior that could lead to your Account being banned from playing online or restricting your access in other ways to the Game. Actual disciplinary action may differ from the list of examples depending on the severity of the behavior and shall be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis.
Cheating / Modding / Hacking: Player is running a modified or otherwise unauthorized version of the Game client or a third party software which provides any sort of unfair advantage (wallhacks, aimhacks…) or causing a detriment to other User’s experience:
- Maximum penalty is permanent ban
Offensive Language or Behavior / Threats: Posting or publishing (public forums, private chats or VOIP) any language or content that is in violation of this Code of Conduct
- First offense: warning
- Multiple offenses: temporary to permanent Account ban (for PC only), and temporary to permanent Forum Account ban if infraction is conducted on forum.
Harassment: Harassing or serious bullying other Users via verbal or written communications in and outside the Game (public forum, website, private chats or VOIP)
- First offense: warning
- Multiple offenses: temporary to permanent ban
Exploiting: Triggering and using a bug or glitch, or bypassing established Game rules by to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.
- First offense: warning
- Second offense: temporary suspension
- Multiple offenses: permanent ban
Duration of a suspension will be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis Advertising / Spamming: Disrupting the conversation flow for personal or commercial purposes with repeated posting of a similar nature.
* First offense: warning * Multiple offenses: temporary to permanent ban
- Phishing / Scamming: Any attempt to fraud or mislead other players to gain personal or financial advantage, including but not limited to: personal information, credit cards etc.
- Maximum penalty is permanent ban
Duration of a suspension will be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis
Actual disciplinary action may differ from the list of examples depending on the severity of the behavior and shall be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis
Disputing Account Sanctions
If you have a question or wish to dispute an Account sanction that you have incurred, please send a request to Customer Service by using the contact options found on our customer support portal. Please be sure to include all relevant information. We will reply to your questions as promptly as possible.
Please Respect the Code of Conduct:
Help us make this site, the Game, the website and the forums a welcoming community space. Respect the Code of Conduct and encourage others to do the same. If you meet Users who are not familiar with the Code of Conduct, politely encourage them to read it.